New Age

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a new age ET forum

Navigation

News

Hey guys welcome to the NA forums as you can see we are still under construction so bare with us :D

Latest topics

» Hey its me Keyes :D
Just a few suggestions for server and forums. EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 3:08 pm by Keyes

» Dark Anger
Just a few suggestions for server and forums. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 3:39 am by Dark Anger

» hi....................................
Just a few suggestions for server and forums. EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 5:58 am by hitman

» just a sugestion
Just a few suggestions for server and forums. EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 6:44 am by Ixion

» Best Cricket Calls
Just a few suggestions for server and forums. EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 6:25 am by pwnapple

» New Forums! (up)
Just a few suggestions for server and forums. EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:31 pm by Ixion

» !report or /report command
Just a few suggestions for server and forums. EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 9:24 am by Zealot

» Server Activity
Just a few suggestions for server and forums. EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:41 am by Shadow

» Please ask polielty round here
Just a few suggestions for server and forums. EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:48 pm by hitman

Fish Tank

5 posters

Just a few suggestions for server and forums.

Shadow
    Shadow
    Level 5

Number of posts : 148
    Humor : Remember, Some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them...
    Registration date : 2009-01-25

Just a few suggestions for server and forums. Empty Just a few suggestions for server and forums.

Post  Shadow Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:24 pm

List of Suggestions / tasks to be done to
    make NA the best it can be!

Server
    -----------------------------
    What is the first level with silent commands?
    - Level 6

We should give lower admins the ability to use adminchat so that admins
    under aka can talk to eachother as well as avoiding the mistake of /mNA
    if some player is called something like NATHAN or such.

- Create a new command: /la <message> available to 4+

Increase Kill string delay so that good players can get even up around
    Mega kill or higher adding another aspect of the game rather than just
    seeing double kill every now and then and seldom even a triple kill.

- Done

Create a nice server-side soundpack including sounds from various
    place, whitelight in particular, and make some cool things happen
    with it.

- This soundpack is nearly complete, I just need a few wavs from enigma
    then I should be able to finish version 1.0 very soon. Soundpack is a
    mesh of different et bots and mods, sound effects from online, and even
    other games.

The server MOTD is a little dull and should also for one include the owners'
    names ( give em a little recognition Very Happy ) and just generally make it look
    pleasant for anyone who visits. Also the NA in -=NA=- is black and doesn't show
    up do to the black background.

- Owners' names now appear in the MOTD, the NA is now white to show up. Still
    pending on the bright pretty colors Smile. I volunteer to help with this if you
    all like.

The server should have Server messages with the rules, legal bots, forum address
    and anything else we can put in there. It makes the server more interesting and
    simultaneously gives everyone the information they need to follow.

- Still pending on those, I would be happy to write some up and if anyone could
    post some suggestions for these it would be quite helpful.

As we are new, we are not getting very many players on the server. Suggestions
    for ways to attract people? Anything would help.

- Throw a few custom maps into the rotation like venice or something.
    - Mabey have one map on the server that changes every week or so to make it interesting.
    - A "Now Recruiting" sign somewhere, since we are we might as well advertise it on our server.

- More servers. If we can come up with the money to get more servers that would help greatly
    - Add OB's to attract people. ->
    OB's are now added to the server. There are no tags to create
    the illusion that they are real people. Instead each one will be the name of a different fruit.
    Papaya should be in heaven Razz.

Add tracers in for the shots like on Google. They are a very aesthetic display that
    looks quite nice.
    - Unanswered

Create a script that will automatically increase your accuracy as lag increases to
    even out the playing field. This may also attract more players as it will not matter
    how far you are from the server, your skill can still be matched equally.

- This would be very difficult. Possible solution would be to have the server increase
    the size of the hitboxes for you proportional to your lag. still pending.

No duplicate names on the server. If someone tries to set their name to something already
    in use, it will deny them the ability to do it unless they have it already as their "aka".
    That way, autoers cannot use namestealer scripts, making them easier to ban. Also, with that
    out of the way, I feel we should eliminate the limit on namechanges.
    - Unanswered

We don't have a scrim team yet, mabey get on one soon.
    - Let the clan grow a bit first then worry about starting a scrim team.

Enable /kill and enforce that it not be abused.
    - There is really no practical way to enforce it. You can't
    ban someone because /kill is cheap. Unfortunately this hurts
    those who use it correctly.

Have admin tests by undercover high levels who feel any given admin is
    doing an exemplary job. Admin goes undercover to test a lower admin. If
    they pass, they get a promo. If not, they just get a critique.
    - Unanswered

Forums
    ---------------------------

We should have a little more customization as far as the forum and profile stuff
    goes, it would be quite nice to have profile customization somewhat like the
    .S:S. forum. Also, the signatures do not appear under a member's post and HTML
    scripts wont enable, they are constantly listed as off.

- The forum is not that flexible with this host. Mabey VBulletin?

Banner in the forum should have something to do with NA.
    I have created a banner. What do you all think should we use it?

We should have rank insignia on the forum. It is a very nice
    aesthetic feature.

I have created some images for these. should we use them?

The rank colors are a bit... dull. Mabey have a discussion about them
    and decide on colors?

I came up with some colors but its your prerogative.

I feel we should have rank names like Private, seargent, Colonel, etc...
    instead of the "level 4 admin", "Level 5 admin" and such.

Perhaps use army ranks for the level names?

Last edited by Shadow on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:09 am; edited 4 times in total
    Enigma
    Owner

Number of posts : 37
    Registration date : 2009-01-24

Just a few suggestions for server and forums. Empty Re: Just a few suggestions for server and forums.

Post  Enigma Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:52 pm

Ill be brief since I need sleep, sorry. =/

Admin chat will probably be reduced, or if possible your suggestion iwll be implemented.

Level requirement for silent command and bans is 6.

Multikill/spree messages are open to any suggestions. Smile

Server messages (banners) are in the works and will be on on the weekend.

Multikill delays/etc will be fixed same time as banners.

Ill look into the !listplayers issue.

Feedback (aim adjusting when you get hit) has been address, as well as other aiming issues. You should now notice a huge difference, with accuracy and headshot rate being a lot higher.

As for promotions and the sorts, the owners, myself included, will be watching and be addressing this as seen necessary. People who are seen as active, helpful, and friendly will be rewarded while unlawful actions will result in demotion and/or other consequences.

Anyway, I need sleep. Would work on some of the issues here but I have school/work all of tomorrow, so I'll start on it on friday.
    ClonedInsanity
    Leader

Number of posts : 45

Just a few suggestions for server and forums. Empty Re: Just a few suggestions for server and forums.

Post  ClonedInsanity Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:48 am

With the profile customization, it the forum it doesn't allow us to do much =/
    Ixion
    Ixion
    Leader

Number of posts : 105
    Humor : hehehe
    Registration date : 2009-01-23

Post  Ixion Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:07 pm

ummm,
    SORRY Shadow! i messed up your post, instead of pressing the quote button i pressed the edit button on it and i feel bad, your massive post of ideas is gone and i'm sorry, i didnt mean to.
    Enigma
    Owner

Number of posts : 37

Post  Enigma Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:55 pm

Ok, update. All aiming issues have been addressed and fixed, as have the antilag/etc issues. The mentioned !listplayers issue is because of your client by the looks of it, since its only for you. Feedback has been fixed. If you guys head onto the server and play, youll definitely notice the difference of the changes I have made. Smile

I intend on implementing banners tomorrow, and tuning the timing/settings for multikills/etc so it is possible and not once-in-a-lifetime event that you see multikills. Also, the following custom commands have been added (Thanks to Assassin for !server and !owners) !server, !owners, !forum, and !voicechat. Smile

As for the hacker Darkphoenix and the infamous Jawill brothers, both have been banned, with Darkphoenix being allocated a subnet ban. Lucky guy.

Thanks for the suggestions, and anyone at all feel free to post anything else you have in mind. Smile
    hitman
    hitman
    Level 5

Number of posts : 35

Post  hitman Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:56 pm

mwhahahahahah GONNEEE ALLL GONEEEE mwhahahahahhahaha Very Happy What a Face
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Level 5

Humor : Remember, Some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them...

Post  Shadow Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:44 am

Its ok papaya,

you don't delete your history do you?
    cause we can easily get it back Smile
    Ixion
    Ixion
    Leader

Number of posts : 105
    Humor : hehehe
    Registration date : 2009-01-23

Post  Ixion Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:27 am

Shadow wrote:Its ok papaya,

no, i tried to find it and it didnt come up with it, it had when i edited it and when i went to read your post.. i still have my history and its not there :S
    I'm Sorry :S
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Level 5

Post  Shadow Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:48 am

Papaya wrote:
    Shadow wrote:Its ok papaya,

no, i tried to find it and it didnt come up with it, it had when i edited it and when i went to read your post.. i still have my history and its not there :S
    I'm Sorry :S

Its not a problem pap Smile
    ClonedInsanity
    Leader

Number of posts : 45

Post  ClonedInsanity Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:03 am

I'll stick your banner up soon

As for the rank images and names I think the army theme is a bit overused in ET clans but then again it is an army game so its up to you guys. i'm not sure about using the same rank pics as SS tho, originality is key yeah?

As for colours they are cool as is.
    Shadow
    Shadow
    Level 5

Post  Shadow Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:55 am

ClonedInsanity wrote:I'll stick your banner up soon

As for the rank images and names I think the army theme is a bit overused in ET clans but then again it is an army game so its up to you guys. i'm not sure about using the same rank pics as SS tho, originality is key yeah?

As for colours they are cool as is.

the pics arent the same as SS.
    For the ranks, Papaya and I came up with some:

2 - VIP
    3 - Trainee
    4 - Underling
    5 - Necromancer
    6 - Spectre
    7 - Archon
    8 - Legendary
    9 - Demigod
    10- God

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:25 pm